Saturday, March 29, 2014

Harry Potter Studio Tour

If someone was to ask me 'what makes you the most excited?' it would be anything pertaining to the behind the scenes activity of a film or TV set. 

When I was 17 I sat in the freezing cold for hours as it got dark just watching people set up for a production and when I got pulled away by my friend I knew it was what I needed to do!

Because it's almost a year and a half since I've been on a set (when I went to the Warner Brothers Studios in Burbank, CA) I was getting impatient and needed my fix!

The weekend before my birthday I went to the Harry Potter Studio Tour in Watford, London. The tour is in studios J and K (wink wink) and you're welcomed by giant portraits, hand prints of the famous three and a hanging Ford Anglia. They start with a quick talk about how the franchise started, grew and spread across the world and then you watch a mini film presented by the three 'kids' before been taken into the Great Hall. The whole place is an incredible experience and the amount of work, effort and detail that has gone into making the films makes it no surprise that they did so well. You could say they earnt it.

I guess instead of ruining the experience for you by describing everything, I'll just let you enjoy some of my pictures :) 

M




















Butter Beer





2 comments:

  1. It sounds like the studio tour is as good as the adverts say; not disappointing, as such things can sometimes get. Thank you for posting the pictures! Makes me want to stay home today and play my Harry Potter computer games instead of going to work :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a great experience, there was way too much to see in the '3 hours' you're supposed to see it all in. Glad you liked seeing the pictures! Thanks for reading :-)

      Delete